Saturday, December 5, 2009

This song is not a rebel song...



September 17, 1992

Well, I guess I've been a little lax about writing, lately. Quite a bit has happened, I guess. I got a job at City Liquor on School St. Yes, it's in a crappy part of town, but it's a job and I need cash! I work about 22 hours a week and Wednesday night was my first night. I got flashed by a big, fat drunk woman in a pick-up truck. She was nasty, but I thought it was funny.

We had initiation on Tuesday night.
It went pretty good, I guess. I'm in an alcohol education program on Thursday nights from 6-8pm. It kinda sucks, but the people are funny. We laugh at the real drunks. I also have to go to AA. I hate that! The people there substitute Christ for alcohol, which I think is just as bad. An addiction is an addiction. I think these people have lost their way.

I also don't like my Death & Dying class. It is 3 hours of pure boredom in a claustrophobic-style auditorium. I bring a Walkman and talk to Lady and KJ. It kills the boredom. So... what else! I worked on the Pledge Queen contract all evening and I think I got it laid out the way I want it. Now I just have to take it to Kinko's and have them do the copies!

I got tickets to see U2 at Arrowhead stadium in KanCity. The 23rd row, no less. It's gonna be hoppin'! Me, Royace, Pasty, DMac, Lady, Carla and whoever Royace brings, are all gonna go! It's on October 18th, so it's in a month! We still don't have a cook at the house! It's pathetic. I haven't told my parents about my job yet. I want to see if I still like it after the second day. Anyway... tomorrow is Friday and I'm ready for it. I went to Career Services and picked up a packet for job interviews. I'm really scared shitless about the whole process, but I guess it's one of those college things.

Well, gotta blaze now.
I'm gonna watch some TV and veg out before I crash! I'll try to write again soon!

No comments: