Sunday, January 31, 2010

What's Your Name, Jerky?



November 9, 1992

Thank God! I finally filled out all the preliminary bullshit to graduate and paid my $25 bachelor's degree assessment! Agggh! All I have to do now is finish school and they will even mail my diploma to me. I am absolutely sick and tired of my torrid job at City Liquor. The place is so cheap they don't even have a sign saying City Liquor. The whole stress factor is that I sold a six-pack of Milwaukee’s Best to a 17-year-old without checking his ID and I got ticketed for it. It's not like I'm going to jail or anything for it, but it is a pain in the ass when my boss, we'll call her Liz, won't tell me the situation at hand. She took care of the lawyer and all that stuff, so I presume the store will pay the fine. I work again on Wednesday and if they say they aren't going to pay the fine than I am going to quit, dammit! Anyway....... I just want to get out of the school and stay out of trouble. I'm thinking about working for Walt Disney World again over this Christmas break. I guess it's not a break anymore because I'll be done with school -- the real world. Just what is it? I don't feel any different as a 22-year-old. I don't care, really. Well, I went to a Kappa Delta/Kappa Kappa Gamma function -- "Boot Scootin' Barn Bash." It was fun, but down-right cold. I bought a 20 dollar cowboy hat at Wal-Mart, wore it that night, and took it back the next day for a refund. Whee! Lady, Cawdrey, Carla and I all ate Tiny Tim's Pizza on the Square. It was good! The previous night was my birthday bash in the dorm of the house. "What's Your Name, Jerky!" was the theme. It was named after a tape of prank calls a guy in the house had. Oh well. I had a PA system I rented from the Physical Plant, 1000 Jell-O shots, gallons of Death Punch with stolen liquor from work, 10 cases of beer and Crown Royal raffles every half-hour! Yeah! I DJed the party and it was a blast. Drunks from all walks of life were there. Sunday, I bought myself a Robin action figure and made lunch plans with an old friend, Tim, who works at Hasting's. He's supposed to try and swing me a Cindy Crawford 1993 calendar for half price. I need to call him tonight! I went to the 4th installment of my AA meetings today. I swear, people rely so much on that group it's ridiculous. AA is a proxy for God. I don't like it. I'm going to another meeting tonight and I may forge the last one's signature. Who knows! Oh well, nothing major happening. It's really cold in Fayetteville. I only have to live here 5 more weeks! I tried calling my friend Laura from Kentucky last night, but she was out! Well, I'm gonna print all this out in case something ever happens to my disk! Here goes nothin'! Psycho wrote me in a B-Day card. Hope he get out of the Air Force soon. Bill Clinton is President-elect. It's gonna be a weird 4 years.

No comments: