Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Squirrel!


April 20, 1992

Well, here it is Monday again! Whee! It's soo difficult to find times to write!

Anyway, yesterday was Easter, but a lot of things have happened since then. Wednesday night Opinionated and I finished our campaign for The Walton Arts Center. We didn't get done until 3:00am and I was bushed! I skipped OB that day, but I figured I had a good excuse. I finished up all I could at DPS before class and then we did our presentation at 1:30 and after that it was just a nice load off!

Opinionated and I picked up Janice and we went to Cafe for a few drinks. We met Carla and Julie there and talked and got a good buzz. Anyway, after that, we went back to the LCA house and then to Opinionated's and had some beers. We then went to Maxine's and had more beer. Right now the very thought of beer makes my stomach hurt. Anyway, we played some Ding-Ding (the little bowling game Maxine’s is so famous for) and talked. Cawdry showed up! Whee! Opinionated doesn't like Cawdry, but ya never know! Anyway, Opinionated was gettin' tired so she dropped the three of us off at My Pleasure. To make a long story short, I wound up shackin' with Janice. We listened to some U2 and then mugged and she gave me a ride home the next morning at about 9:30am. It's good to shack... once in a while, right?! Right!

I felt crappy all day Friday. We tried to go to Cafe again as a group, but I got sick there. I came home and got sick there too. Meanwhile, while I passed out in my bed in my own room, someone came in and stole all my beer, poured my ice chest out all over the floor and poured talcum powder in my backpack. Exactly why I want to move out of the house! Man! It's insane!

Anyway! I hung out with Opinionated all day Saturday. We rented Whore and Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead. It was an alright time. Put me back on my feet! I have to get those movies back tonight!

Royace came over and watched Babysitter with us, and then we watched Saturday Night Live (it's a ritual for me). I went home at midnight, but cool Roy stayed over until 7:30am! Sheesh!

I got a wild hair up my butt and decided I wanted to go see Pearl Jam in Dallas at the Starplex on Easter, so I invited Cawdry and Tippy and we went! We left at noon on Easter in my car. Tippy drove. We didn't know what time the concert started, we just went. It turned out that after a 6 hour drive, the event was a daylong festival for Earth Day called "EdgeFest '92". The SugarCubes, Charlatans UK, Dramarama and Pearl Jam were all there, and various others. The tickets were only $10. What (as Eddie Murphy would say) a bargain!

We rove back to Fayetteville as soon as it was over, stopping at Taco Bueno in McKinney, TX, of course. The food sucks! We got home at about 3:30am and I crashed. I skipped Ad Copy/Layout today, but now I'm in the PR room typing this. Whee!

Well, I'm still tired of the house and the people. My door has no lock cuz Canada kicked it in while I was out! Fucker! Squirrel! I want to whip out my squirrel! Anyway, gotta bolt. Stuff to do and say! The new Cure and Beastie Boys are supposed to be out either today or tomorrow! I'm so excited, brah! Later!

No comments: